When: 18th – 29th July 2022
Where: The University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Credit: 4 ECTS
Confirmed lecturers: R. Hanea (Equinor), F. Vossepoel (TU Delft), A. Heemink (TU Delft), M. Verlaan (Deltares), P. Raanes (NORCE), A. Stordal (NORCE), Y. Ying (NERSC), G. Evensen (NORCE), C. Dubreuil-Boisclair (Equinor), K. Brusdal (Equinor), A. Hanea (Uni. Melbourne).
The purpose of the summer school is to get together experts in the field of data assimilation from different schools (statistics, decision analysis, system and control, pure mathematics, engineering, etc.) and to make use of their knowledge by:
• educating graduate students, young and senior researchers;
• transferring knowledge from the best lecturers to the students;
• exposing the Romanian students, academics and researchers to the most recent theoretical/algorithmic approaches and their applications;
• having extensive discussions and exchanging ideas;
• working hands-on with academic and commercial dedicated software.
This summer school targets primarily students and researchers at an early stage of their career with/without previous experience in data assimilation.
The first week will be dedicated to the theory and the second to various applications.
For more details and how to apply, see the school website: https://data-assimilation.com/
** CHESS will cover the registration fee, travel and accommodations for CHESS students only **